Thursday, January 25, 2007

Scrappin' thursday...

Today I finished a LO for Sweetpeas Scraps' monthly sketch challenge. I had to use a sketch given to us, along with the monthly scrapbook kit. It was a pretty difficult on for me, because the papers were not my style.
Half were a tan color with subtle patterns (strips, dots, paisley), the rest were black Rusty Pickle papers, with some journaling printed on them.
I ended up coloring in the paisely pattern with a pink highlighter pen, and using a bit of the previous month's kit paper, that was colored a minty green. The "life" is from a piece of the patterned paper that I cut out and inked. The swirl is from last month's kit too. It's a chipboard piece that I also inked. The flowers are layers of punch outs, clear plastic flowers and silk flowers. Most of the other embellies are from this month's kit.
I think I did pretty good, given that I had to step out of my box to make this work. It definately was a challenge. Now I just hope for a WIN!
TTFN! Mel

No comments:

Welcome Spring!