Sunday, September 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
For one weekend Serendipity is going to take us back to our childhood when we still were able to believe wishes do come true by wishing on stars.
If you love Disney and Fairy tales and love to let your imagination run wild every once in awhile then this crop will be perfect for you.Come and join us for Challenges and games that the DT has worked hard to come up with and that all have a fairy tale twist. Each of these challenges and games will have a Rak and as always we will crown a queen of the crop.
Pre Crops will start August 14th with The Main Crop and challenges starting August 21st.
A Crop Thread will start Aug. 14th
Sponsors: Core'dinations Cardstock & Serendipity Scrapbooks
Grand Prize: Your choice of kit PLUS pkg. of Core'dinations Cardstock (Value $75)
Runner up prize: Core'dinations Cardstock packs (Value $40)
Create a layout using shaped die cut paper as the background
There are a few required elements besides the die cut background paper:
There must be a clear title, some cut work, and some height by using dimensional adhesive and either hand or machine stitching
* Layout can be any subject you like.
*Contest ends August 31st 2009 midnight
*Only 1 layout per person- close ups excepted
*Submit Your layouts in the Monthly site contest category in the gallery.
*To upload into the gallery you must register in the gallery first. There is an email
verification that is sent before you can upload. notify us at notify us at
info@serendipityscrapbooks if it doesn't come.
*International entries are accepted
*Images need to be resized to upload & must be no larger than 500 x 500 pixels
*The winner will be posted on the main website all through April with their
Name & state, as well as in our newsletter & blog.
*Winner announced in forum, on contest page and emailed by the 5th of each month
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Check these out:
Mini kits are available too!
See all Designers work with these kits in the Gallery
July Just Enough Please Kit
July I Deserve it all mini kit (July IDIA full kit has sold out)
July Altered Kit
July Altered Stamp Add on kit
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
We are saying goodbye to our furr-baby Steiner today.
We had her since she was a kitten,& she has been part of our family for 18 years. Unfortunately she is not doing well and living an uncomfortable life.
We hope that she will love her new home at the Rainbow Bridge with her friend Prince.
We know she will wait for us there, living happy, in the sun, until we can join her. We will all miss constant search for heat, her demanding attention, and her loving gaze. Her time with us has been besutiful and we will forever miss her tremendiously.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
1st Prize: $75-100 prize package
2nd Prize: $50-$75
3rd Prize: $30-$50
Are you ready for Last Serendipity Scrapper Standing ?
Last chance to sign up is June 17th!
LSSS will start on June 15th and go through July 17th.
Challenges will be posted every other day.
You will then try to get as many layouts done of
this challenge as you can because there will be an elimination at
the end of each challenge. If you can hang with the best and you
think you are top scrapper then get ready to sign up! If you don’t
know about it and are a little scared then sign up anyway
because a good push is all you need! Oh and by the way no one
will be eliminated on the first challenge. We will let you get
hooked before we let you go!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Stay- cation Weekend online crop
Are you one of the many people that found themselves canceling their vacation this year?
Maybe you decided on postponing it or scaling it back to a long weekend. Either way, Serendipity has the crop for you.
We are celebrating Staying Home with a Stay-cation crop.
Precrop challenges started last Friday, June 5th
Last Serendipity Scrapper Standing contest
Are you ready for Last Serendipity Scrapper Standing ?
We have AMAZING prizes.
See all information here:
Sunday, June 7, 2009
By Mel (aka Scrap-alicious)
The rip and stitch technique involves paper or cardstock, being Machine stitched to a backing and then torn.
But, if you are machine-less, like me, you are going to like what I am going to share with you -
a Faux Rip and Stitch Technique, which involves no sewing at all, and looks just as fantastic!
Single sided pattern paper and or scraps, fast drying adhesive/glue (I used Pioneer Embellishment glue stick), Paper piercer, self healing mat, and white gel pen (I used white Uniball Signo pen http://shop.serendipityscrapbooks.com/scrapbook-supplies/sanforduniballsignopenwhitegel.html ).
Disclaimer: ***You may want to practice steps #1 & #2 on some scraps before actually applying this technique to your LO.
1. Cut or tear piece of paper about an inch thick and as long as you would like your “rip” to be.
Working with one strip of paper at a time, run a thin line of adhesive in the direction you want your stitching to run.
Place the strip over the line of glue and press down firmly, to make sure it is attached well.
Allow a few minutes for glue to dry.
2. When you are sure the paper is glued down, you are ready to rip.
Holding one end of the paper with your fingers, tear along the length of the strip, in the direction of the glue.
Try not to be too neat, and allow the white parts of the tear show.
Repeat this step with the other side of the strip of paper, making sure you leave enough pattern showing- to be able to “stitch” along.
3. Using a paper piercer, pierce holes in a straight line, along the full length of the torn paper strip, spacing the holes 1/8” inches apart.
4. Using a gel pen, draw a dashed line between the pierced holes.
The color of your pen forms the color of “thread” that the strip is “stitched” in.
Repeat these 4 steps with other strips of paper, building up layers for depth and dimension.
Check out My Faux Rip and STitch Technique in it's entirety with step by step photos here at Serendipity Scrapbooks :
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
JUNE KITS ARE HERE!
Check them out!
Here are the main kits, but variations are now available to order too!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Go here to order!!!
AND DON'T FORGET...................
are ready to be inspired?
are you ready to scrap til you drop?
are you ready to have a blast?
are you ready to get awesome deals?
are you ready to hang at the coolest place on the web for the month of may?
are you ready?
are you ready?
i can't hear you.........................
MAY MAYHEM has begun in the forums!
We have so much in store for you for the month of May!
Every Design Team member has 50 points to give away during the month and even some RAKS for you. There will be challenges, loads of games, Deals of the DAY, secret hiding places in the store, and best of all Blue Light Specials available to each and every one of you.
Pink Paislee is sponsoring us this month and the Grand Prize winner will receive a package valued at $50. Plus there will be 3 more winner to receive $25 Gift Certificates to out store!!This will be a non stop event starting May 1 - May 31st! So join us every day because you never know when points will be handed out to add to your total which will put you one step closer to being our May Mayhem Queen!
Please visit our forum at http://www.serendipityscrapbooks.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=129 for more information and guidelines to the contest.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Are you ready for a Hair Raising Event? I know we are. And we have so much in store for you for the month of May. Every Design Team member has 50 points to give away during the month and even some RAKs for you. There will be challenges, loads of games, Deals of the DAY, secret hiding places in the store, and best of all Blue Light Specials available to each and every one of you.
This will be a non stop event starting May 1 - May 31st! So join us every day because you never know when points will be handed out to add to your total which will put you one step closer to being our May Mayhem Queen!
Now the Rules:
- Only newly created layouts will be accepted for the month long crop.
- No combining of challenges.
- Please keep track of your points in the POINTS THREAD! This crop is way to long to add them to your signature so I will have a points thread available for you. Grab your spot and start adding up the points. With each challenge or points that are give out, the DESIGN TEAM will let you know who won. Oh and don't you worry, the Design Team will be keep track of points also because they are going to be throwing them at you all during the month.
- We will not be counting posting in the forum for this crop, UNLESS one of the Design Team members offers it up for the challenge.
- For layout challenges that are posted, you will recieve points from our Design Team. Most of the layout challenges will be worth 10 points but the Design Team will prompt you on how much the challenge is worth. This is why it is so important for you to keep track and name each point in your point thread.
- BLS will not be announced to the public but put in the forum here. They can and will pop up at any time. Please follow the BLS rules when placing your order. No other discounts will be applied other than the normal BLS discount.
- Other than the May Mayhem Queen of the Crop prize, Serendipity Scrapbooks will also be giving away not one, not two, but THREE $10.00 Gift Certificates during the month of May. Your name will be entered into a drawing for completing 10 in 10 challenges, number of orders in May, and Create A Kit (more information will follow for each)
- You can not combine challenges but may do our REGULAR Set Layout challenges more than once for extra points. All of our Regular Set Layout challenges will be worth 10 points each.
- As usual, always ask questions if you need help.
- Huge thank you to our sponsor for this Month long Crop goes to Pink Paislee. They will be providing the Queen of the Crop Prize
Now hold on to your seats and get ready for our Hair Raising Event..............MAY MAYHEM
Sunday, April 26, 2009
As you can see, she is a very active, HEALTHY, kitten. She spends her day exploring, playing, and then cat napping.
I will try to do better blogging.
Coming up soon, Serendipity Scrapbooks *sneeky peeks* of the upcoming May Altered Kit!
And photos of our family trip to the Woodenshoe Tulip Festival!